Sketch Heroes card game
© Glenn Herbert
HOW TO PRINT OUT AND PLAY
Fill in the card above and print out, or print out a blank card then fill in by hand, following the instructions below:
CREATE YOUR CARDS
(1) Sketch your hero in the box available.
Think up a name and make up any Special Abilities (including skills and powers) and Equipment (including gadgets, armour etc) and fill them in the Bonuses slots. Each of your Bonuses applies an addition to one of the scores. Fill in a description for your Weapons. Create a description of the hero.
(2) For a beginner human hero, divide 40 points between your Speed, Strength, Agility, Mind and then your Health (make sure you have lots of Health!). Divide another 15 points between your Bonuses and Weapons score. No score can be initially zero. Create as many cards as you like. Each player has an equal number of cards.
PLAYING THE GAME
(1) Both players choose a card from their equal sized decks and show only the picture side of the card to the other player.
(2) Flip a coin to see who will go first in the fight. This is done only once in the fight. Whichever player goes first is the Attacker. The other player is the Defender.
(3) Both players describe any bonuses or weapons that they add to their scores, when they are used.
(4) ATTACK! The Attacker must now announce what score they are attacking with, either: Speed, Strength, Agility, Mind.
(5) COMPARE AND TOSS! The Attacker compares this score (plus bonuses) with the Defender's same score (plus bonuses).
(a) If the Attacker's total score is higher than the Defender's total score then the Attacker's weapons hit the Defender (go to 6).
(b) If the Attacker's total score is equal to or lower than the Defender's total score, then the Attacker flips a coin and if guessed right hits (go to 6) if guessed wrong it's a miss or the Defender blocks or dodges (go to 7).
(c) If the Attacker's total score is half or less than the Defender's total score then it's an automatic miss (go to 7).
(6) DAMAGE AND TOSS! The Attacker now announces their Weapons score (plus any bonuses) for a total damage score. The Defender now flips a coin. If guessed right they were lucky and take half this damage (rounded up), if guessed wrong they take the full damage. The Defender deducts the damage score first from any Health bonuses (until zero) and then from their Health score.
(7) The Defender now attacks the other player as in step 4 (for a new round) and this repeats until one card goes down to 0 Health. This card then goes to your discard pile and both players can choose any new card (go to step 1). The winner is the player with cards left.
© Glenn Herbert - Use Recycled paper where possible